The information given below is to the best of our knowledge, as of January 1st, 2023. The only way to be absolutely sure if a device is eSIM compatible is to check with the manufacturer. Some manufacturers restrict and enable eSIM functionally through the device operating system, so always make sure that your device is running the latest release of software.
In addition, to use GigSky's service, the device must be carrier unlocked.
An iPhone is unlocked if it says “No SIM restrictions” in the “Carrier Lock” section of the Settings > General > About screen. It supports eSIM if you see the “Add eSIM” option in the Settings > Cellular screen.
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone 11 (model A2221, from 2019), 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2, SE 3
- iPhone 12 and later
NOTE: All iPhones from mainland China, and iPhone devices from Hong Kong and Macao (except for iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE 2, and iPhone XS), do not have eSIM capability.
NOTE: On iPhone 13 models and later, you can have two eSIMs active at the same time.
Apple iPad with Cellular
- iPad (model A2198, from 2019)
- iPad Air (model A2123, from 2019)
- iPad Mini (model A2124, from 2019)
- iPad Pro 11″ (model A2068, from 2020)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (model A2069, from 2020)
Note that Samsung limits eSIM access based on geographical location. It has also removed eSIM capability from some devices through new Operating System releases. Your device is eSIM-capable if you can see the following:
“Add mobile plan" or "Add an eSIM mobile plan” in Settings > Connections > SIM card manager
- Galaxy S23, S23+, S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21+ 5G, S21+ Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Fold, Z Fold3, Z Fold 4
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Fold3 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip, Flip3 5G, Flip 4
NOTE: The Galaxy S20/S21 FE 4G/5G (all Countries), Galaxy Z Flip 5G (US), Note 20 Ultra (US & Hong Kong), Galaxy Z Fold 2 (US & Hong Kong) are not compatible with eSIM.
A Google Pixel is eSIM-capable if you see the “Download a SIM instead?” Option after tapping Settings > Network & internet > SIMs +.
- Pixel 2 (only phones bought with Google Fi service)
- Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL, 3a XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 4, 4a, 4 XL
- Pixel 5, 5a
- Pixel 6, 6a, 6 Pro
- Pixel 7, 7a, 7 Pro
NOTE: Pixel 3 from Australia, Japan, and Taiwan, or bought from US or Canadian carriers other than Sprint and Google Fi, do not work with eSIM.
NOTE: Pixel 3a from South East Asia, Japan, and Verizon US are not compatible with eSIM.
- P40, P40 Pro
- Mate 40 Pro
NOTE: The P40 Pro+ and P50 Pro are not compatible with eSIM.
- Find X3 Pro
- Reno 5A, Reno 6 Pro 5G
- Find X5, X5 Pro
NOTE: The Find X5 Lite is not compatible with eSIM.
- DOOGEE V30 Support ESIM
- Fairphone 4
- Honor Magic 4 Pro
- Microsoft Surface Pro X
- Motorola Razr 2019, Razr 5G
- Planet Astro Slide
- Planet Cosmo Communicator
- Planet Gemini PDA - 4G+WiFi
- Rakuten Mini, Big, Big-S, Hand, Hand 5G
- Sharp Aquos Sense6s, Aquos Wish
- Sony Xperia 1 IV, Xperia 10 III Lite, Xperia 10 IV
- Xiaomi MI 12T Pro
NOTE: Honor Magic 4 with eSIM is currently available in the following countries: Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, UAE, United Kingdom.
NOTE: Xperia phone models in the US currently do not support eSIM.