An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular data plan from GigSky without a physical SIM card (pSIM).
IMPORTANT: All devices have a limit to the number of eSIM profiles that can be installed. If your installation fails, please make sure that you have deleted any old eSIMs that you no longer need.
What you need
- A carrier-unlocked device running Android 10 or later.
- GigSky App v5.2 or later.
- A stable Wi-Fi connection.
Install the GigSky App
- Go to the Play Store and download the GigSky app.
- Allow GigSky to access the device's location.
Use the app to purchase a cellular plan.
- Open the app.
- Search for the country you would like to purchase a data plan for.
- Select a data plan from the ones displayed.
- If you are not already a GigSky customer, you will need to create an account. If you already have an account, tap "Log In" at the bottom of the screen and enter your account credentials.
- Add a payment method.
- Tap Buy Plan to purchase the data plan.
- You'll be prompted to allow GigSky to download a SIM. Tap Yes.
- When the eSIM has downloaded successfully, you'll be prompted to use your new SIM for mobile data. If you want to use GigSky straight away, tap Use gigsky. Otherwise, tap No thanks.
- When the phone restarts, go to Settings > Connections > SIM manager where you will see your new eSIM.
Now you'll need to configure your device's settings to ensure that your GigSky data service will work correctly:
Change the label of your new eSIM to make it easy to identify.
- Go to Settings > Network & internet > SIMs and tap your new eSIM.
- Tap the pencil icon at the top right and edit the label for your SIM. We suggest using "GigSky".
To use the SIM:
- The "Use SIM" switch must be turned on.
- The "Roaming" switch must be turned on. Ignore any message about roaming charges when using the GigSky eSIM - roaming must be on for our service to work.
The APN must be set to gigsky and selected for use:
- Scroll down to Access Point Names and tap it.
- Tap the radio button next to the GigSky APN entry to select it.
If there is no GigSky APN, tap the "+" and create an entry:
- Name: GigSky
- APN: gigsky
If you want to restrict data usage you can turn Data Saver on:
- Go to Settings > Network & internet > Data Saver.
- Switch the Use Data Saver toggle to turn it on:
- If there are any apps from which you want to remove the data usage restriction, tap Unrestricted data and switch the toggle on for those app.
You're now ready to use your GigSky mobile data plan.
NOTE:**** DO NOT DELETE YOUR ESIM WITHOUT CONTACTING GIGSKY SUPPORT.
If you have any further questions, please contact GigSky Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.