Yes, you can. But, before purchasing in advance, note the following:
- If you purchase a World Plan or a Regional Plan that covers your current location, do NOT activate the eSIM until your arrive in your destination. If you activate the eSIM earlier than that, the plan expiration timer will start counting down and, if you select the GigSky eSIM for Cellular Data, you might start to use the data on your plan.
- Do NOT buy a data plan more than 30 days before you intend to travel. You have a 30-day dormant period before the plan expiration timer starts counting down. So, if you buy your data plan more than 30 days in advance of your travel, the expiration timer will start counting down 30 days after the purchase date.
To purchase a plan for your travel destination:
- Log into the GigSky app.
- Enter the name of the destination country in the search field.
- Tap the country from the list of search results.
- The plans available for that country will be shown. This may include Country plans, Regional plans, and World plans. If more than one type of plan is available, you can reveal the cards for each type of plan by swiping left and right.
- Tap the plan you want to buy. If the plan will not work in your current location, you will be prompted to confirm that you want to continue with the purchase.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter a promo code, if you have one, and make sure that the correct payment method has been selected.
- Tap Buy Plan.
If you have not already downloaded and installed the correct GigSky eSIM for your destination, you will be taken through the eSIM download process. Currently, there are three GigSky eSIMs: GigSky eSIM 4, GigSky eSIM 5, and GigSky eSIM 6. You will need to select the correct eSIM for your data plan when you arrive in your destination.