If you need purchase a plan for a different location, follow these steps:
***Please note: If you are purchasing a data plan for a country within the region you are currently in, or a World Plan, please do not activate the eSIM while in your home country. The eSIM will connect and start using data and start counting down.
- Log into your GigSky App
- The screen should show the plans for the location you're currently in.
- At the top of the screen, tap the country
- In the Search bar, type in the destination country
- The plans available for that country will be show, tap Buy Now for the plan you would like to purchase (you can swipe left or right to see additional plans for country, region, and world plans)
- Tap Buy Plan
- Tap Continue
- Your plan has been purchased
GigSky uses different eSIMs for different regions. If you do not have one of our eSIMs for your destination location, you will go through the eSIM download process just as you did for your first purchase.
Please note, you may purchase your data plan up to 30 days in advance of travel. If you purchase the data plan greater than 30 days in advance of travel, it will start counting down the time after the 30 days.
Your destination eSIM may be turned on after the purchase.
To confirm your eSIM plan is not turned on
- Go to Settings > Cellular.
- Check which eSIM is turn on under Cellular Plans (confirm it's the one you want)
- If you want to turn that off, tap the plan label, then tap Turn On This Line. (This is a toggle and will turn off the cellular plan)
- Tap Cellular Data at the top of the page
- Select the Cellular Data eSIM/SIM label you wish to use for cellular data
Your data for your destination will not start until you get to your destination, but you will need to turn on the cellular plan and select it in Cellular Data to use the data in the destination
If you have any further questions, please contact GigSky Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.