A few hints for data usage when using either a GigSky ZTE hotspot or any other manufacturers hotspots:
- To your device (phone, tablet, computer), the hotspot will look exactly like any other wifi connection you may use.
- Any settings for App downloads or podcast downloads that are configured to "automatically download" when connected to wifi, will use the hotspot wifi connection to download apps, iOS or Android OS updates, or podcasts and will use your data plan.
- Consider turning off automatic backups, the backups will use the hotspot to send backups to iCloud or other cloud-based backup services.
- For the GigSky ZTE hotspot, the GB shown on the display is the amount of data used, not the amount remaining.
- Turn off your device overnight when not in use.