- You can share your mobile data with other travelers.
- You can leave your service provider's SIM card in your smartphone, meaning that you can still make and receive voice calls and SMS messages when traveling. However, your service provider may charge you for these services.
- You can use our data service even if your smartphone is carrier-locked.
Due to the number of mobile Wi-Fi hotspot variants on the market, we are not able to make recommendations. If you intend to use a GigSky SIM card in a hotspot, pay attention to the following requirements:
- The hotspot must be carrier unlocked.
- The hotspot must be able to receive SMS messages.
- It must support the frequency bands used by the local networks at your destination.
This last point is critically important. For example, the Huawei E5577 mobile hotspot has five variants, but none of these support all the LTE bands used by AT&T in the United States (LTE bands: 2, 4, 5, 12). So, this hotspot cannot be used for GigSky's data service in the US. Alternatively, the NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 4G LTE Mobile Router supports these bands, so an unlocked Nighthawk should work with our service in the US.