This article describes how to get started with GigSky on an Apple iPhone.
First, you need to install the GigSky SIM into your iPhone and configure it to use the GigSky service:
- Ensure that the power is turned off on your iPhone.
- Pop out the SIM tray.
- Remove the old SIM (if there is one), pop out the matching sized GigSky SIM, install it in the SIM tray, and replace the SIM tray into the iPhone.
- Power up the iPhone.
- Open Settings -> Cellular.
- Check Cellular Data and Data Roaming are ON.
- Open Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network.
- Tap the CELLULAR DATA APN field and enter "gigsky" (without quotation marks). The setting will be saved automatically.
Your iPhone is now configured to use GigSky for mobile data. You may have to wait up to 30 minutes for the SIM card, local network and the GigSky service provider to update each other to allow you to use local data for the first time in a new country. Also, it's a good idea to check any apps you have running for those that are using push notifications or mobile data, turning off any that are unnecessary. This will reduce the amount of mobile data you'll be using. Email and social media apps often use data in the background.
The next stage is to create yourself a GigSky account, and add your SIM card to that account. This will enable you to buy data plans for that SIM card, which will allow you to use mobile data. GigSky allows you to connect to the mobile data network without having to pre-buy a data plan in order to create your account. Alternatively, you can use Wi-Fi, if you have coverage.
- Open Safari and go to https://app.gigsky.com.
- Tap the button labeled Sign Up.
- Enter your account details, and tap Sign up. Your account will be created and you will be signed in automatically.
- Enter the Activation Code of your SIM card (printed on the SIM carrier), a nickname for your SIM, and tap Add SIM Card.
- You should now see your GigSky home screen, from where you can purchase a data plan for the country in which you want to use GigSky data.