Usually, to scan a QR code, you would display it on another device or print it out and then scan it using your camera app, but you can't do that if the QR code is already on your phone.
Both iOS and Android devices allow you to scan a QR code from an image saved to your camera roll without installing any extra apps. For both systems, display the QR code on your device screen, take a screenshot, and then follow the instructions given below. For most smartphones, pressing the power button and the volume up or down button will take a screenshot.
- Open the screenshot in the Photos app.
- Click the live text dictation button in the bottom right corner.
- Click the QR code and open the link.
Not all Android devices have a built-in option to scan a QR code from photos, and the options may vary depending on your device.
- Open your camera and switch to Google Assistant mode
- Choose the screenshot from the gallery.
- Select the link above the QR code.
- Open the Gallery app
- Select the screenshot
- Tap the share icon
- Select Google Search Image to read the QR code using Google Lens.
- While most iOS and Android devices support QR code scanning from a photo, not all devices do. You may need to download a third-party QR code scanner if your device does not support QR code scanning.