An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to use a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical SIM card (pSIM). Samsung eSIM devices contain one eSIM and one pSIM.
What you need
- A carrier-unlocked Samsung Galaxy device. We also recommend installing the latest OS version.
- The GigSky app V5.0 or later.
- A stable WiFi connection.
Install the GigSky App
- Go to the Play Store and download the GigSky app.
- Allow GigSky to access the device's location.
Use the app to purchase a cellular plan.
- Open the app.
- Search for the country you would like to purchase a data plan for.
- Select a data plan from the ones displayed.
- If you are not already a GigSky customer, you will need to create an account. If you already have an account, tap "Log In" at the bottom of the screen and enter your account credentials.
- Add a payment method.
- Tap Buy Plan to purchase the data plan.
- You'll be prompted to allow GigSky to use your phone's eSIM. Tap Allow.
- When the eSIM has downloaded successfully, tap Restart and switch to update the device's configuration to support the new SIM card's features. The phone will restart.
- When the phone restarts, go to Settings > Connections > SIM manager where you will see your new eSIM.
Now, configure your phone's settings to ensure that your GigSky data service is working correctly:
- If your new eSIM is not already turned on, do that now by switching the toggle next to the SIM name.
- Change the label of your new eSIM to make it easy to identify.
- Tap the name of the eSIM, then tap Name, edit the name, and tap Done. The eSIM will now display with the new name.
- If you're at your destination and you want to start using your GigSky data, tap Primary SIM and select your GigSky eSIM.
- Make sure that the Access Point Name (APN) is correct by going to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and tapping the name of the GigSky SIM at the bottom of the screen.
- If there's no entry with the value "gigsky", then tap Add to enter the details of the new APN:
- Name = GigSky
- APN = gigsky
- Open the menu by tapping the three dots towards the top right of the screen and tap Save.
- Go to Settings > Connections > Data usage and turn Mobile data ON.
IMPORTANT: Now turn off mobile data for any apps you don't need it for:
- Go to Settings > Connections > Data usage.
- To limit data usage, turn Data saver On.
- To prevent apps using data in the background unless you explicitly allow them to, tap Data saver and then Allowed to use data while Data saver is on. Switch the toggles of the apps to enable/disable background data usage.
- To restrict apps from using mobile data when using mobile data, tap Allowed networks for apps, scroll through the list until you find the app you want to configure data for and tap the entry. You'll get a pop-up that gives you three options:
- Mobile data or Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi only
- Mobile data only
- Tap the option you want.
- Repeat this to select "Wi-Fi only" for all the apps you don't want to use mobile data.
You're now ready to use your GigSky mobile data plan.
**** NOTE: NEVER DELETE YOUR ESIM WITHOUT CONTACTING GIGSKY SUPPORT ****