Follow these steps to get started:
- If your SIM card is not pre-installed, insert it now. The ZTE MF971V takes a micro-SIM, which is the middle size.
- Turn on the hotspot. The initial set up of a GigSky mobile data connection can take a few minutes. Refer to the Quick Start guide provided with the hotspot to interpret the hotspot display - the hotspot is connected successfully when the display shows two opposing arrows at the top of the display.
- Connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network. The SSID and Wi-Fi key are shown on the back of the hotspot. NOTE: Apple devices running iOS have a feature called Auto-Login which is enabled by default, and can cause your iOS device to be disconnected from the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network. To turn Auto-Login off:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings / Wi-Fi.
- Find the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network name in the list of networks, and tap the (i) to the right of the name.
- Turn off the Auto-Login setting.
- Reconnect to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network.
- If you want to buy a data plan for the country shown in the dashboard, select and buy the size of plan that suits your needs. Within seconds, your data balance will be increased and you’ll be able to browse the web, check your email, etc.
- If you want to buy a plan for a different location, select Add data plan from the menu and search for your destination.
There are two important things to note when using our mobile hotspot:
- The first time the hotspot is used in a new country, it can take up to 15 minutes to connect and register with our service.
- Any device connected to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network will not realize that it’s actually connected to a cellular data network, so any settings that usually restrict data access when connected to a cellular network will be ignored. We suggest turning off push notifications for email and social apps, closing non-essential apps, and powering off the hotspot when you don’t need to use mobile data to reduce excessive data usage.
We also recommend that, if you have an iOS or Android device, you use the ZTELink app to manage your hotspot, by connecting your iOS or Android device to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network and then starting the ZTE app.
- LTE FDD: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/17&12/20/28
- LTE TDD: B38
- UMTS: B1/2/5/8
- GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8
- LTE FDD :DL/UL 300/50Mbps (Category6)
- 1.44” TFT LCD screen
- 2 external antenna ports
- 1 micro-USB port
- 1 function button
- 1 power switch
- 1 reset button (recessed)
- SIM slot (3FF / Micro USIM)
- Supports 32 Wi-Fi devices at the same time
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac